Why Uniworld River Cruises?
All the river cruises, how I decide which is right for me? It’s a common question.
River cruising is one of the fastest growing segments of travel for good reason. The major rivers of the world were some of the first transportation arteries. Old town centers are often just steps away from the river cruise docks.
What is included?
Most river cruise lines include shore excursions, wine and beer with meals, exceptional meals, regional entertainment and wi-fi. Uniworld also includes (in 2020) gratuities for both the on-board staff and shore excursion staff, transfers from the airport, 24 hour room service and complementary bikes. At your second cruise, laundry is also complimentary.
Tag lines are “You Deserve the Best” and “Live Your Best Life”. Their unique ships set them apart from the others. Each ship is different, with a unique boutique interior. Uniworld is family owned and much of the art on board is original work from the family’s collection.
Suites come with a butler trained by the same company that trains the Buckingham Palace butlers. Feel like being spoiled?
What is Unique
Primary things that set Uniworld apart:
- one of a kind ships (some river cruise lines have the ships all exactly alike),
- outstanding service because the ships hold 100-120 passengers (some other lines have as many as 192 passengers),
- they are one of the most inclusive brands,
- most food is sourced within 50-100 miles of the ship
- curated shore experiences (owned by the same company that owns Insight, Luxury Gold, Trafalgar and Contiki tour companies)
- Another unique sustainability feature is when ships reach the end of their useful life, they are stripped to the hull and completely rebuilt rather than be sold to just add one more ship to the rivers.
Where do they go?
Uniworld has some of the broadest selection of cruises. New this year is 11- and 15-day Amazon cruise/tour from Lima, Peru. The 2020 sailings have already sold out so if it sounds good be ready to book 2021 as soon as it is released!
Also unique to Uniworld is Venice cruise and Venice/Milan cruise tour. Make your floating boutique ship your base for exploring Venice by water.
Uniworld had the same presence in Europe as the others as well as China, Vietnam, Russia, Portugal/Spain and India.
If you want to be more active and share a cruise with a younger group, try the U brand. Itineraries and excursions are more active, the onboard vibe and night life is for the young and young at heart that enjoys farm-to-table as much as kayaking.